Services stocks rose broadly on Wall Street today, with the sector seeing an overall increase of 0.2%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average stayed consistent, the Nasdaq climbed 0.5% and the S&P 500 was steady.
Some of the biggest gainers among services stocks include:
- Cablevision Systems Corp (CVC): CVC stock is up 4.6% today.
- Clear Channel Outdoor Holdings (CCO): CCO stock is up 3.6% today.
- Turkcell Iletisim Hizmetleri As (TKC): TKC stock is up 3.2% today.
- DSW Inc (DSW): DSW stock is up 2.7% today.
- Gray Television (GTN): GTN stock is up 2.6% today.
- Extra Space Storage Inc (EXR): EXR stock is up 2.4% today.
- Advanced Drainage Systems Inc. (WMS): WMS stock is up 2.3% today.
- Metaldyne Performance Group Inc (MPG): MPG stock is up 2.2% today.
- Asbury Automotive Group Inc (ABG): ABG stock is up 2.1%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Etablissements Delhaize Freres (DEG): DEG stock is up 2.1% today.
Some of the biggest losers among services stocks include:
- Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide (HOT): HOT stock is down 5.4% today on 4 times normal volume.
- Rlj Lodging Trust (RLJ): RLJ stock is down 2.4% today.
- American Campus Communities Inc (ACC): ACC stock is down 1.9% today.
- Clean Harbors (CLH): CLH stock is down 1.8% today.
- Education Realty Trust Inc (EDR): EDR stock is down 1.7% today.
- Sunstone Hotel Investors (SHO): SHO stock is down 1.6% today.
- Diamondrock Hospitality Company (DRH): DRH stock is down 1.6% today.
- Sprint Corporation (S): S stock is down 1.4% today.
- American Tower Corp (AMT): AMT stock is down 1.4% today.
- HCP Inc (HCP): HCP stock is down 1.3% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.