Services stocks rose broadly on Wall Street today, with the sector seeing an overall increase of 1.0%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average increased 0.8%, the Nasdaq climbed 1.4% and the S&P 500 increased 0.8%.
Some of the biggest gainers among services stocks include:
- Gannett Co. Inc (GCI): GCI stock is up 3.9% today.
- Sprint Corporation (S): S stock is up 3.6% today on 2 times normal volume.
- Caseys General Stores (CASY): CASY stock is up 3.5%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Groupon Inc (GRPN): GRPN stock is up 3.4% today.
- Frontier Communications Corp (FTR): FTR stock is up 3.1% today.
- Guess Inc (GES): GES stock is up 2.8% today and up 20.5% in the last month.
- Centurylink (CTL): CTL stock is up 2.8% today.
- Robert Half International Inc (RHI): RHI stock is up 2.6% today.
- Discovery Communications Inc (DISCA): DISCA stock is up 2.6% today.
- Nexstar Broadcasting Group (NXST): NXST stock is up 2.6%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has increased.
Some of the biggest losers among services stocks include:
- Dish Network Corp (DISH): DISH stock is down 3.4% today on 3 times normal volume.
- J.C. Penney Company Inc (JCP): JCP stock is down 1.8% today.
- Interval Leisure Group (IILG): IILG stock is down 1.4% today.
- Cracker Barrel Old Country Store (CBRL): CBRL stock is down 1.1% today.
- Ultrapar Participacoes S.A. (UGP): UGP stock is down 1.1% today.
- Marriot Vacations Worldwide Cor (VAC): VAC stock is down 1.0% today.
- Clean Harbors (CLH): CLH stock is down 1.0% today.
- Avery Dennison Corp (AVY): AVY stock is down 0.9% today.
- Coach Inc (COH): COH stock is down 0.9% today.
- Carter’s Inc (CRI): CRI stock is down 0.8% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.