Services stocks advanced 1.2% on Wall Street on Thursday morning.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average increased 1.2%, the Nasdaq pushed 1.2% higher and the S&P 500 was up 1.2%.
Some of the biggest gainers among services stocks include:
- Vipshop Holdings Limited (VIPS): VIPS stock is up 8.9% today.
- China Unicom [Hong Kong] Ltd (CHU): CHU stock is up 8.0% today.
- Tal Education Group (XRS): XRS stock is up 5.7% today.
- Bt Group Plc (BT): BT stock is up 4.5% today.
- China Telecom Corp Ltd (CHA): CHA stock is up 4.1% today.
- New Oriental Education & Technology Group (EDU): EDU stock is up 4.1% today.
- Turkcell Iletisim Hizmetleri As (TKC): TKC stock is up 3.7% today.
- Mobile Telesystems (MBT): MBT stock is up 3.6% today.
- Etablissements Delhaize Freres (DEG): DEG stock is up 3.5% today.
- Textainer Group Holdings (TGH): TGH stock is up 3.1% today.
Some of the biggest losers among services stocks include:
- Cato Corp (CATO): CATO stock is down 0.8% today.
- Business Parks (PSB): PSB stock is down 0.6% today.
- Supervalu Inc (SVU): SVU stock is down 0.5% today.
- Ritchie Bros. Auctioneers Inc (RBA): RBA stock is down 0.6% today.
- Chico’s Fas (CHS): CHS stock is down 0.5% today.
- Hatteras Financial Corp (HTS): HTS stock is down 0.4% today.
- Saul Centers (BFS): BFS stock is down 0.3% today.
- Two Harbors Investments Corp (TWO): TWO stock is down 0.3% today.
- Pinnacle Entertainment (PNK): PNK stock is down 0.2% today.
- Genesco Inc (GCO): GCO stock is down 0.3% today.
For more information on the best stocks to buy right now, check out the latest commentary on InvestorPlace.com.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.