Technology stocks rose broadly on Wall Street on Tuesday, with the sector seeing an overall increase of 0.1%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average increased 0.6%, the Nasdaq climbed 0.3% and the S&P 500 rose 0.6%.
Some of the biggest gainers among technology stocks include:
- Amkor Technology (AMKR): AMKR stock is up 3.0% today.
- Marcus & Millichap (MMI): MMI stock is up 2.5% today.
- Brocade Communications Systems (BRCD): BRCD stock is up 2.4% today.
- First Solar (FSLR): FSLR stock is up 2.1% today.
- Guidewire Software Inc. Common (GWRE): GWRE stock is up 1.9% today.
- Seagate Technology. (STX): STX stock is up 1.7% today.
- Demandware Inc (DWRE): DWRE stock is up 1.7% today.
- Canadian Solar Inc (CSIQ): CSIQ stock is up 1.6% today.
- Webmd Health Corp (WBMD): WBMD stock is up 1.6% today.
- Salesforce.Com Inc (CRM): CRM stock is up 1.6% today.
Some of the biggest losers among technology stocks include:
- Smith [A.O.] Corp (AOS): AOS stock is down 3.0% today on 2 times normal volume.
- Energizer Holdings (ENR): ENR stock is down 3.0% today and down 73.6% in the last month.
- Homeaway Inc (AWAY): AWAY stock is down 2.8% today.
- Mellanox Technologies (MLNX): MLNX stock is down 2.3% today.
- Franklin Electric Co. (FELE): FELE stock is down 2.2% today.
- Universal Display Corp (OLED): OLED stock is down 2.1% today.
- Nvidia Corp (NVDA): NVDA stock is down 1.9% today.
- Virtusa Corp (VRTU): VRTU stock is down 1.8% today.
- Sanmina-Sci Corp (SANM): SANM stock is down 1.8%, marking the fifth consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Asml Holding N.V. (ASML): ASML stock is down 1.7% today.
For more information on the best stocks to buy right now, check out the latest commentary on InvestorPlace.com.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.