Technology stocks rose broadly on Wall Street on Tuesday, with the sector seeing an overall increase of 0.1%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average increased 0.6%, the Nasdaq climbed 0.3% and the S&P 500 rose 0.6%.
Some of the biggest gainers among technology stocks include:
- Amkor Technology (AMKR): AMKR stock is up 3.0% today.
- Marcus & Millichap (MMI): MMI stock is up 2.5% today.
- Brocade Communications Systems (BRCD): BRCD stock is up 2.4% today.
- First Solar (FSLR): FSLR stock is up 2.1% today.
- Guidewire Software Inc. Common (GWRE): GWRE stock is up 1.9% today.
- Seagate Technology. (STX): STX stock is up 1.7% today.
- Demandware Inc (DWRE): DWRE stock is up 1.7% today.
- Canadian Solar Inc (CSIQ): CSIQ stock is up 1.6% today.
- Webmd Health Corp (WBMD): WBMD stock is up 1.6% today.
- Salesforce.Com Inc (CRM): CRM stock is up 1.6% today.
Some of the biggest losers among technology stocks include:
- Smith [A.O.] Corp (AOS): AOS stock is down 3.0% today on 2 times normal volume.
- Energizer Holdings (ENR): ENR stock is down 3.0% today and down 73.6% in the last month.
- Homeaway Inc (AWAY): AWAY stock is down 2.8% today.
- Mellanox Technologies (MLNX): MLNX stock is down 2.3% today.
- Franklin Electric Co. (FELE): FELE stock is down 2.2% today.
- Universal Display Corp (OLED): OLED stock is down 2.1% today.
- Nvidia Corp (NVDA): NVDA stock is down 1.9% today.
- Virtusa Corp (VRTU): VRTU stock is down 1.8% today.
- Sanmina-Sci Corp (SANM): SANM stock is down 1.8%, marking the fifth consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Asml Holding N.V. (ASML): ASML stock is down 1.7% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.