Technology stocks rose 0.9% on Wall Street on Wednesday morning.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average increased 0.9%, the Nasdaq rose 1.0% and the S&P 500 was up 0.9%.
Some of the biggest gainers among technology stocks include:
- Epam Systems Inc (EPAM): EPAM stock is up 4.0% today.
- Acuity Brands Inc (AYI): AYI stock is up 3.7% today.
- Nidec Corp (NJ): NJ stock is up 2.4% today.
- Imperva Inc (IMPV): IMPV stock is up 1.8% today.
- Ciena Corp (CIEN): CIEN stock is up 1.7% today.
- Ellie Mae Inc (ELLI): ELLI stock is up 1.7% today.
- International Business Machines (IBM): IBM stock is up 1.7% today.
- Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing (TSM): TSM stock is up 1.7% today.
- Agilent Technologies (A): A stock is up 1.6% today.
- Mettler-Toledo International (MTD): MTD stock is up 1.6% today.
Some of the biggest losers among technology stocks include:
- Energizer Holdings (ENR): ENR stock is down 74.1% today and down 75.0% in the last month.
- Grubhub Inc. (GRUB): GRUB stock is down 5.0% today.
- Soufun Holdings (SFUN): SFUN stock is down 2.1% today.
- Youku.Com Inc (YOKU): YOKU stock is down 1.8% today.
- Lg Display Co. Limited American (LPL): LPL stock is down 1.3% today.
- Marcus & Millichap (MMI): MMI stock is down 0.6% today.
- Invensense Inc (INVN): INVN stock is down 0.3% today.
- Emerson Electric Company (EMR): EMR stock is down 0.3% today.
- Semiconductor Manufacturing International (SMI): SMI stock is down 0.4% today.
- Qihoo 360 Technology Co. Ltd (QIHU): QIHU stock is down 0.4% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.