Technology stocks advanced 1.4% on Wall Street on Friday morning.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average rose 1.1%, the Nasdaq increased 1.2% and the S&P 500 pushed 1.1% higher.
Some of the biggest gainers among technology stocks include:
- Semiconductor Manufacturing International (SMI): SMI stock is up 6.6% today.
- Alcatel Lucent (ALU): ALU stock is up 5.0% today.
- Nokia Corp (NOK): NOK stock is up 4.6% today.
- Lm Ericsson Telephone Company (ERIC): ERIC stock is up 4.0% today.
- Sunedison Inc (SUNE): SUNE stock is up 4.3% today.
- Stmicroelectronics N.V. (STM): STM stock is up 4.2% today.
- Asml Holding N.V. (ASML): ASML stock is up 3.9% today.
- SAP Ag (SAP): SAP stock is up 3.9% today.
- Cirrus Logic (CRUS): CRUS stock is up 3.8% today.
- 21Vianet Group Inc (VNET): VNET stock is up 3.5% today.
Some of the biggest losers among technology stocks include:
- Sina Corp (SINA): SINA stock is down 2.3% today.
- Youku.Com Inc (YOKU): YOKU stock is down 2.7% today.
- Rackspace Hosting Inc (RAX): RAX stock is down 2.5% today.
- Rogers Corp (ROG): ROG stock is down 1.4% today.
- Renren Inc (RENN): RENN stock is down 1.7% today.
- Lg Display Co. Limited American (LPL): LPL stock is down 1.4% today.
- Omnivision Technologies (OVTI): OVTI stock is down 0.9%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Pandora Media Inc (P): P stock is down 0.5% today.
- Himax Technologies (HIMX): HIMX stock is down 0.2% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.