Transportation stocks advanced broadly on Wall Street so far on Thursday, with the sector seeing an overall increase of 0.4%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average rose 0.3%, the Nasdaq climbed 0.3% and the S&P 500 was up 0.3%.
Some of the biggest gainers among transportation stocks include:
- Greenbrier Companies (GBX): GBX stock is up 2.0% today.
- Alaska Air Group (ALK): ALK stock is up 0.9% today.
- Delta Air Lines Inc (DAL): DAL stock is up 1.1% today.
- Copa Holdings S.A. (CPA): CPA stock is up 1.4% today.
- Southwest Airlines Company (LUV): LUV stock is up 0.7% today.
- Con-Way Inc (CNW): CNW stock is up 1.0% today.
- Costamare Inc (CMRE): CMRE stock is up 0.9% today.
- United Continental Holdings (UAL): UAL stock is up 0.5% today.
- Nordic American Tanker Shipping Limited (NAT): NAT stock is up 1.0% today.
- GATX Corp (GMT): GMT stock is up 0.8% today.
Some of the biggest losers among transportation stocks include:
- China Southern Airlines Company (ZNH): ZNH stock is down 3.8% today.
- Guangshen Railway Company (GSH): GSH stock is down 3.2% today.
- China Eastern Airlines Corp Ltd (CEA): CEA stock is down 3.1% today.
- Gaslog Ltd (GLOG): GLOG stock is down 0.8% today.
- Teekay Shipping Corp (TK): TK stock is down 0.2% today.
- Huntington Ingalls Industries (HII): HII stock is down 0.3% today.
- Canadian Pacific Railway (CP): CP stock is down 0.2% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.