Transportation stocks finished down broadly on Wall Street on Friday, with the sector seeing an overall decline of 0.2%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average fell 0.2%, the Nasdaq was down 0.1% and the S&P 500 declined 0.2%.
Some of the biggest gainers among transportation stocks include:
- Mobile Mini (MINI): MINI stock is up 2.3% today on 2 times normal volume.
- Grupo Aeroportuario Del Sureste (ASR): ASR stock is up 2.2% today.
- GATX Corp (GMT): GMT stock is up 1.4% today on 2 times normal volume.
- Alaska Air Group (ALK): ALK stock is up 0.8%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Delta Air Lines Inc (DAL): DAL stock is up 0.7% today.
- Grupo Aeroportuario Del Centro (OMAB): OMAB stock is up 0.7%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Jetblue Airways Corp (JBLU): JBLU stock is up 0.5% today.
- Macquarie Infrastructure Company Trust (MIC): MIC stock is up 0.4% today.
- Expeditors International of Washington (EXPD): EXPD stock is up 0.4%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Air Methods Corp (AIRM): AIRM stock is up 0.4% today.
Some of the biggest losers among transportation stocks include:
- Con-Way Inc (CNW): CNW stock is down 1.5% today.
- Landstar System (LSTR): LSTR stock is down 1.2% today.
- Teekay Shipping Corp (TK): TK stock is down 0.6% today.
- Express-1 Expedited Solutions (XPO): XPO stock is down 0.4% today.
- Canadian National Railway Company (CNI): CNI stock is down 0.4% today.
- Canadian Pacific Railway (CP): CP stock is down 0.4% today.
- J.B. Hunt Transport Services (JBHT): JBHT stock is down 0.4% today.
- Werner Enterprises (WERN): WERN stock is down 0.3% today.
- Hub Group (HUBG): HUBG stock is down 0.2% today.
- China Southern Airlines Company (ZNH): ZNH stock is down 0.2% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.