Transportation stocks rose broadly on Wall Street today, with the sector seeing an overall increase of 0.1%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average rose 0.8%, the Nasdaq increased 1.4% and the S&P 500 climbed 0.8%.
Some of the biggest gainers among transportation stocks include:
- Nordic American Tanker Shipping Limited (NAT): NAT stock is up 4.6% today on 2 times normal volume.
- Express-1 Expedited Solutions (XPO): XPO stock is up 2.5% today.
- Old Dominion Freight Line (ODFL): ODFL stock is up 2.0% today.
- Jetblue Airways Corp (JBLU): JBLU stock is up 2.0% today and up 20.5% in the last month.
- Huntington Ingalls Industries (HII): HII stock is up 1.6% today.
- Allegiant Travel Company (ALGT): ALGT stock is up 1.6% today and up 21.3% in the last month.
- GATX Corp (GMT): GMT stock is up 1.3% today.
- Swift Transportation Company (SWFT): SWFT stock is up 1.3% today.
- Delta Air Lines Inc (DAL): DAL stock is up 1.1%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Scorpio Tankers Inc (STNG): STNG stock is up 0.9%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has increased.
Some of the biggest losers among transportation stocks include:
- Latam Airlines Group Sa (LFL): LFL stock is down 1.3% today.
- United Continental Holdings (UAL): UAL stock is down 0.9% today.
- Macquarie Infrastructure Company Trust (MIC): MIC stock is down 0.6% today.
- Hub Group (HUBG): HUBG stock is down 0.4% today.
- Atlas Air Worldwide Holdings (AAWW): AAWW stock is down 0.3%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Air Methods Corp (AIRM): AIRM stock is down 0.3% today.
- Canadian National Railway Company (CNI): CNI stock is down 0.2% today.
- Expeditors International of Washington (EXPD): EXPD stock is down 0.1% today.
- Seacor Smit Inc (CKH): CKH stock is down 0.1% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.