Transportation stocks rose 0.4% on Wall Street on Friday morning.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average was unchanged, the Nasdaq pushed 0.3% higher and the S&P 500 stayed level.
Some of the biggest gainers among transportation stocks include:
- United Continental Holdings (UAL): UAL stock is up 2.2% today.
- Landstar System (LSTR): LSTR stock is up 2.3% today.
- Greenbrier Companies (GBX): GBX stock is up 2.9% today.
- GATX Corp (GMT): GMT stock is up 2.4% today.
- Alaska Air Group (ALK): ALK stock is up 1.2% today.
- Macquarie Infrastructure Company Trust (MIC): MIC stock is up 1.5% today.
- Union Pacific Corp (UNP): UNP stock is up 1.8% today.
- Canadian National Railway Company (CNI): CNI stock is up 0.9% today.
- Express-1 Expedited Solutions (XPO): XPO stock is up 0.9% today.
- Canadian Pacific Railway (CP): CP stock is up 1.3% today.
Some of the biggest losers among transportation stocks include:
- Air Methods Corp (AIRM): AIRM stock is down 13.4%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Mobile Mini (MINI): MINI stock is down 5.7%, marking the sixth consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Grupo Aeroportuario Del Pacifico (PAC): PAC stock is down 2.3% today.
- Nordic American Tanker Shipping Limited (NAT): NAT stock is down 3.3% today.
- China Southern Airlines Company (ZNH): ZNH stock is down 2.5% today.
- Gaslog Ltd (GLOG): GLOG stock is down 1.6% today.
- China Eastern Airlines Corp Ltd (CEA): CEA stock is down 1.8% today.
- Scorpio Tankers Inc (STNG): STNG stock is down 2.1% today.
- Southwest Airlines Company (LUV): LUV stock is down 2.3% today.
- Seacor Smit Inc (CKH): CKH stock is down 1.5% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.