Utilities stocks finished up 1.3% on Wall Street today.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average fell 0.6%, the Nasdaq was down 0.8% and the S&P 500 declined 0.6%.
Some of the biggest gainers among utilities stocks include:
- Enlink Midstream Partners LP (ENLK): ENLK stock is up 2.4% today.
- Centerpoint Energy Inc (CNP): CNP stock is up 2.1% today.
- Oge Energy Corp (OGE): OGE stock is up 2.0% today.
- Aqua America (WTR): WTR stock is up 1.8% today.
- Idacorp Inc (IDA): IDA stock is up 1.9% today.
- American States Water Company (AWR): AWR stock is up 1.8% today.
- Great Plains Energy Inc (GXP): GXP stock is up 1.8% today.
- TCP Pipelines (TCP): TCP stock is up 1.7% today.
- El Paso Electric Company (EE): EE stock is up 1.8% today.
- Mge Energy Inc (MGEE): MGEE stock is up 1.7% today.
Some of the biggest losers among utilities stocks include:
- Exelon Corp (EXC): EXC stock is down 0.9% today.
- Exterran Partners L.P. (EXLP): EXLP stock is down 0.7%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Cpfl Energia S.A. (CPL): CPL stock is down 0.5% today.
- Calpine Corp (CPN): CPN stock is down 0.2% today.
- Mdu Res Group Inc (MDU): MDU stock is down 0.4% today.
- One Gas Inc. (OGS): OGS stock is down 0.4% today.
- Spectra Energy Corp (SE): SE stock is down 0.3% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.