Utilities stocks rose 0.7% on Wall Street so far on Monday.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average fell 0.8%, the Nasdaq declined 0.5% and the S&P 500 fell 0.8%.
Some of the biggest gainers among utilities stocks include:
- Entergy Corp (ETR): ETR stock is up 1.7% today.
- Northwestern Corp (NWE): NWE stock is up 1.6% today.
- Teco Energy (TE): TE stock is up 1.5% today.
- WGL Holdings Inc (WGL): WGL stock is up 1.5% today.
- South Jersey Industries (SJI): SJI stock is up 1.7% today.
- American Electric Power Company (AEP): AEP stock is up 2.1% today.
- Allete Inc (ALE): ALE stock is up 2.1% today.
- Wisconsin Energy Corp (WEC): WEC stock is up 1.7% today.
- Terraform Power Inc. (TERP): TERP stock is up 2.2% today.
- Newjersey Resources Corp (NJR): NJR stock is up 1.4% today.
Some of the biggest losers among utilities stocks include:
- Energy Transfer Equity LP (ETE): ETE stock is down 49.9% today and down 53.6% in the last month.
- Huaneng Power Intl (HNP): HNP stock is down 2.9%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Crestwood Midstream Partners LP (CMLP): CMLP stock is down 1.1% today.
- Dcp Midstream Partners LP (DPM): DPM stock is down 1.8% today.
- Cheniere Energy (LNG): LNG stock is down 2.2% today.
- Enlink Midstream Partners LP (ENLK): ENLK stock is down 0.2% today.
- Targa Resources (TRGP): TRGP stock is down 1.1% today.
- Markwest Energy Partners LP (MWE): MWE stock is down 2.0% today.
- Western Gas Partners LP (WES): WES stock is down 0.3% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.