Utilities stocks advanced 0.2% on Wall Street so far on Wednesday.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average declined 0.2%, the Nasdaq fell 1.1% and the S&P 500 was down 0.2%.
Some of the biggest gainers among utilities stocks include:
- Great Plains Energy Inc (GXP): GXP stock is up 0.6% today.
- TCP Pipelines (TCP): TCP stock is up 0.6% today.
- PNM Resources Inc (PNM): PNM stock is up 0.5% today.
- NRG Energy (NRG): NRG stock is up 0.3% today.
- Teco Energy (TE): TE stock is up 0.4% today.
- WGL Holdings Inc (WGL): WGL stock is up 0.4% today.
- Pacific Gas & Electric Co. (PCG): PCG stock is up 0.3% today.
- El Paso Electric Company (EE): EE stock is up 0.4% today.
- Westar Energy (WR): WR stock is up 0.4% today.
- Northwest Natural Gas Company (NWN): NWN stock is up 0.3% today.
Some of the biggest losers among utilities stocks include:
- Korea Electric Power Corp (KEP): KEP stock is down 3.5% today.
- Crestwood Midstream Partners LP (CMLP): CMLP stock is down 3.1% today.
- Transcananda Pipelines (TRP): TRP stock is down 2.1% today.
- Enbridge Inc (ENB): ENB stock is down 2.1% today.
- Oneok Inc (OKE): OKE stock is down 2.1% today.
- Dcp Midstream Partners LP (DPM): DPM stock is down 1.3% today.
- Cpfl Energia S.A. (CPL): CPL stock is down 2.0% today.
- Centrais Elc Braz Pfb B Elbras (EBR): EBR stock is down 1.7% today.
- Targa Resources (TRGP): TRGP stock is down 2.1% today.
- Companhia Paranaense De Energia (ELP): ELP stock is down 1.5% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.