Utilities stocks advanced 0.2% on Wall Street so far on Wednesday.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average declined 0.2%, the Nasdaq fell 1.1% and the S&P 500 was down 0.2%.
Some of the biggest gainers among utilities stocks include:
- Great Plains Energy Inc (GXP): GXP stock is up 0.6% today.
- TCP Pipelines (TCP): TCP stock is up 0.6% today.
- PNM Resources Inc (PNM): PNM stock is up 0.5% today.
- NRG Energy (NRG): NRG stock is up 0.3% today.
- Teco Energy (TE): TE stock is up 0.4% today.
- WGL Holdings Inc (WGL): WGL stock is up 0.4% today.
- Pacific Gas & Electric Co. (PCG): PCG stock is up 0.3% today.
- El Paso Electric Company (EE): EE stock is up 0.4% today.
- Westar Energy (WR): WR stock is up 0.4% today.
- Northwest Natural Gas Company (NWN): NWN stock is up 0.3% today.
Some of the biggest losers among utilities stocks include:
- Korea Electric Power Corp (KEP): KEP stock is down 3.5% today.
- Crestwood Midstream Partners LP (CMLP): CMLP stock is down 3.1% today.
- Transcananda Pipelines (TRP): TRP stock is down 2.1% today.
- Enbridge Inc (ENB): ENB stock is down 2.1% today.
- Oneok Inc (OKE): OKE stock is down 2.1% today.
- Dcp Midstream Partners LP (DPM): DPM stock is down 1.3% today.
- Cpfl Energia S.A. (CPL): CPL stock is down 2.0% today.
- Centrais Elc Braz Pfb B Elbras (EBR): EBR stock is down 1.7% today.
- Targa Resources (TRGP): TRGP stock is down 2.1% today.
- Companhia Paranaense De Energia (ELP): ELP stock is down 1.5% today.
For more information on the best stocks to buy right now, check out the latest commentary on InvestorPlace.com.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.