Utilities stocks rose broadly on Wall Street today, with the sector seeing an overall increase of 1.5%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average was up 0.8%, the Nasdaq increased 1.4% and the S&P 500 rose 0.8%.
Some of the biggest gainers among utilities stocks include:
- Teco Energy (TE): TE stock is up 15.6%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Firstenergy Corp (FE): FE stock is up 2.5% today.
- Mdu Res Group Inc (MDU): MDU stock is up 2.4% today.
- Exelon Corp (EXC): EXC stock is up 2.3%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Great Plains Energy Inc (GXP): GXP stock is up 2.2% today.
- PNM Resources Inc (PNM): PNM stock is up 2.1% today.
- Public Service Enterprise Group Inc (PEG): PEG stock is up 2.0% today.
- Edison International (EIX): EIX stock is up 1.8% today.
- Ameren Corp (AEE): AEE stock is up 1.7% today.
- El Paso Electric Company (EE): EE stock is up 1.7% today.
Some of the biggest losers among utilities stocks include:
- Cpfl Energia S.A. (CPL): CPL stock is down 1.1% today.
- Centrais Elc Braz Pfb B Elbras (EBR): EBR stock is down 1.1% today.
- Companhia Paranaense De Energia (ELP): ELP stock is down 0.8% today.
- Markwest Energy Partners LP (MWE): MWE stock is down 0.8% today on 4 times normal volume.
- Kinder Morgan (KMI): KMI stock is down 0.5%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Empresa Nacional De Electricidad S.A. (EOC): EOC stock is down 0.4% today.
- Dynegy Inc (DYN): DYN stock is down 0.2% today.
- Centerpoint Energy Inc (CNP): CNP stock is down 0.2% today.
- Williams Partners L.P. (WPZ): WPZ stock is down 0.1% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.