Utilities stocks finished up 0.3% on Wall Street on Wednesday.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average was up 0.8%, the Nasdaq rose 0.8% and the S&P 500 pushed 0.8% higher.
Some of the biggest gainers among utilities stocks include:
- Wisconsin Energy Corp (WEC): WEC stock is up 2.1% today.
- Westar Energy (WR): WR stock is up 1.4% today.
- Pinnacle West Capital Corp (PNW): PNW stock is up 1.2% today.
- Cms Energy Corp (CMS): CMS stock is up 1.1% today.
- Xcel Energy Inc (XEL): XEL stock is up 1.1% today.
- Avista Corp (AVA): AVA stock is up 0.8% today.
- Scana Corp (SCG): SCG stock is up 0.9% today.
- Idacorp Inc (IDA): IDA stock is up 0.9% today.
- Ameren Corp (AEE): AEE stock is up 0.8% today.
- Firstenergy Corp (FE): FE stock is up 0.8% today.
Some of the biggest losers among utilities stocks include:
- National Fuel Gas Company (NFG): NFG stock is down 2.0% today.
- Empresa Nacional De Electricidad S.A. (EOC): EOC stock is down 2.1% today.
- Energy Transfer Equity LP (ETE): ETE stock is down 1.8%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Enersis S A (ENI): ENI stock is down 1.6% today.
- Centrais Elc Braz Pfb B Elbras (EBR): EBR stock is down 2.1% today.
- Calpine Corp (CPN): CPN stock is down 1.6% today.
- Cia De Saneamento Basico Do Estado (SBS): SBS stock is down 1.0% today.
- Enbridge Inc (ENB): ENB stock is down 1.2% today.
- Western Gas Partners LP (WES): WES stock is down 1.2% today.
- Laclede Group (LG): LG stock is down 0.8% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.