Basic materials stocks rose broadly on Wall Street so far on Wednesday, with the sector seeing an overall increase of 1.2%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average rose 0.8%, the Nasdaq pushed 1.1% higher and the S&P 500 was up 0.8%.
Some of the biggest gainers among basic materials stocks include:
- Innospec Inc (IOSP): IOSP stock is up 6.6% today.
- Freeport-Mcmoran Inc. (FCX): FCX stock is up 5.9% today.
- Arcelormittal (MT): MT stock is up 5.4% today.
- Allegheny Technologies Inc (ATI): ATI stock is up 5.3% today.
- Sinopec Shangai Petrochemical Company Ltd (SHI): SHI stock is up 5.0% today.
- Sociedad Quimica Y Minera S.A. (SQM): SQM stock is up 4.3% today.
- Bhp Billiton Plc (BBL): BBL stock is up 4.9% today.
- Vale S.A. (VALE): VALE stock is up 4.6% today.
- Rio Tinto Plc (RIO): RIO stock is up 4.0% today.
- Bhp Billiton Limited (BHP): BHP stock is up 3.9% today.
Some of the biggest losers among basic materials stocks include:
- Albany International Corp (AIN): AIN stock is down 4.8%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Valhi Inc (VHI): VHI stock is down 1.2% today.
- Posco ADR (PKX): PKX stock is down 1.3% today.
- Om Group (OMG): OMG stock is down 0.9% today.
- Berry Plastics Group Inc (BERY): BERY stock is down 0.7% today.
- Globe Specialty Metals Inc (GSM): GSM stock is down 0.8% today.
- Mrc Global Inc (MRC): MRC stock is down 0.6% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.