Basic materials stocks finished down broadly on Wall Street on Thursday, with the sector seeing an overall decline of 0.3%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average declined 0.8%, the Nasdaq fell 1.6% and the S&P 500 was down 0.8%.
Some of the biggest gainers among basic materials stocks include:
- Kronos Worldwide Inc (KRO): KRO stock is up 3.3% today.
- Carpenter Technology Corp (CRS): CRS stock is up 3.1% today.
- Vale S.A. (VALE): VALE stock is up 2.8% today.
- Methanex Corp (MEOH): MEOH stock is up 2.7% today on 2 times normal volume.
- Arcelormittal (MT): MT stock is up 2.6% today.
- Southern Peru Copper Corp (SCCO): SCCO stock is up 2.4% today.
- Allegheny Technologies Inc (ATI): ATI stock is up 2.4% today.
- Sasol Ltd (SSL): SSL stock is up 2.1% today.
- Cameco Corp (CCJ): CCJ stock is up 2.1% today.
- Commercial Metals Company (CMC): CMC stock is up 2.0% today.
Some of the biggest losers among basic materials stocks include:
- Lyondellbasell Industries Nv (LYB): LYB stock is down 1.6% today.
- Carlisle Companies Inc (CSL): CSL stock is down 1.5% today.
- PPG Industries (PPG): PPG stock is down 1.3% today.
- Huntsman Corp (HUN): HUN stock is down 1.2% today.
- Minerals Technologies Inc (MTX): MTX stock is down 1.2% today.
- Westlake Chemical Corp (WLK): WLK stock is down 1.1% today.
- DOW Chemical Company (DOW): DOW stock is down 1.1% today.
- International Paper Company (IP): IP stock is down 1.1% today.
- Sherwin-Williams Company (SHW): SHW stock is down 1.1% today.
- Matthews International Corp (MATW): MATW stock is down 1.0% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.