Basic materials stocks advanced 0.8% on Wall Street on Tuesday morning.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average remained flat, the Nasdaq stayed level and the S&P 500 was unchanged.
Some of the biggest gainers among basic materials stocks include:
- Mrc Global Inc (MRC): MRC stock is up 10.0% today.
- Westlake Chemical Corp (WLK): WLK stock is up 6.2% today.
- New Gold Inc (NGD): NGD stock is up 5.4% today.
- Berry Plastics Group Inc (BERY): BERY stock is up 4.9% today.
- Scotts Miracle-Gro Company (SMG): SMG stock is up 4.5% today.
- Valhi Inc (VHI): VHI stock is up 5.5% today.
- Posco ADR (PKX): PKX stock is up 4.4% today.
- Dominion Diamond Corp (DDC): DDC stock is up 4.0% today.
- Trex Company (TREX): TREX stock is up 3.4% today.
- Bhp Billiton Limited (BHP): BHP stock is up 3.4% today.
Some of the biggest losers among basic materials stocks include:
- RBC Bearings Inc (ROLL): ROLL stock is down 0.8% today.
- Mueller Water Products (MWA): MWA stock is down 1.3% today.
- Clearwater Paper Corp (CLW): CLW stock is down 0.4% today.
- Yamana Gold (AUY): AUY stock is down 1.3% today and down 28.4% in the last month.
- Terra Nitrogen Company L.P. (TNH): TNH stock is down 0.8% today.
- Parker-Hannifin Corp (PH): PH stock is down 0.3% today.
- E.I. Du Pont De Nemours and Company (DD): DD stock is down 0.3% today.
- Anglogold Ashanti Ltd (AU): AU stock is down 0.3% today and down 28.8% in the last month.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.