Basic materials stocks rose 0.5% on Wall Street on Wednesday.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average climbed 0.3%, the Nasdaq rose 0.8% and the S&P 500 pushed 0.3% higher.
Some of the biggest gainers among basic materials stocks include:
- Mueller Water Products (MWA): MWA stock is up 2.6% today.
- Murphy USA Inc. Common Stock Wh (MUSA): MUSA stock is up 1.9% today.
- Cf Industries Holdings (CF): CF stock is up 1.8% today.
- Bemis Company (BMS): BMS stock is up 1.6% today.
- Carlisle Companies Inc (CSL): CSL stock is up 1.5%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- United States Steel Corp (X): X stock is up 1.4% today.
- Mosaic Company (MOS): MOS stock is up 1.4% today.
- Reliance Steel & Aluminum Company (RS): RS stock is up 1.3% today.
- Dover Corp (DOV): DOV stock is up 1.3% today.
- Aptargroup (ATR): ATR stock is up 1.3% today.
Some of the biggest losers among basic materials stocks include:
- Hudbay Minerals Inc (HBM): HBM stock is down 2.1%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Clearwater Paper Corp (CLW): CLW stock is down 1.3% today.
- Royal Gold (RGLD): RGLD stock is down 1.3% today and down 22.7% in the last month.
- Goldcorp Inc (GG): GG stock is down 1.2% today.
- Leucadia National Corp (LUK): LUK stock is down 1.2% today.
- Schweitzer-Mauduit International (SWM): SWM stock is down 1.2% today.
- Southern Peru Copper Corp (SCCO): SCCO stock is down 1.0% today.
- Huntsman Corp (HUN): HUN stock is down 1.0% today.
- Sherwin-Williams Company (SHW): SHW stock is down 1.0% today.
- Freeport-Mcmoran Inc. (FCX): FCX stock is down 1.0%, marking the fifth consecutive day the stock has decreased.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.