Basic materials stocks advanced 1.0% on Wall Street so far on Monday.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average pushed 0.9% higher, the Nasdaq was up 1.0% and the S&P 500 rose 0.9%.
Some of the biggest gainers among basic materials stocks include:
- Precision Castparts Corp (PCP): PCP stock is up 19.0% today.
- Aluminum Corporation of China Ltd (ACH): ACH stock is up 12.6% today.
- Sinopec Shangai Petrochemical Company Ltd (SHI): SHI stock is up 8.8% today.
- New Gold Inc (NGD): NGD stock is up 4.9% today.
- Yamana Gold (AUY): AUY stock is up 3.2% today.
- Kinross Gold Corp (KGC): KGC stock is up 3.2% today.
- Trex Company (TREX): TREX stock is up 3.7% today.
- Teck Resources Ltd (TCK): TCK stock is up 2.7% today.
- Cameco Corp (CCJ): CCJ stock is up 2.9% today.
- Novagold Resources Inc (NG): NG stock is up 3.2% today.
Some of the biggest losers among basic materials stocks include:
- Valhi Inc (VHI): VHI stock is down 7.5% today.
- Vedanta Limited (VEDL): VEDL stock is down 1.2% today.
- Minerals Technologies Inc (MTX): MTX stock is down 1.3% today.
- Schweitzer-Mauduit International (SWM): SWM stock is down 1.0% today.
- Innophos Holdings (IPHS): IPHS stock is down 0.5% today.
- Randgold Resources Limited (GOLD): GOLD stock is down 0.4% today.
- A. Schulman (SHLM): SHLM stock is down 0.1%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.