Basic materials stocks rose broadly on Wall Street so far on Tuesday, with the sector seeing an overall increase of 2.0%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average rose 2.1%, the Nasdaq spiked 3.0% and the S&P 500 climbed 2.1%.
Some of the biggest gainers among basic materials stocks include:
- Sinopec Shangai Petrochemical Company Ltd (SHI): SHI stock is up 6.9% today.
- Gold Fields Ltd (GFI): GFI stock is up 6.6% today and up 37.1% in the last month.
- Sasol Ltd (SSL): SSL stock is up 5.9% today.
- Posco ADR (PKX): PKX stock is up 5.8% today.
- Bhp Billiton Ltd (BHP): BHP stock is up 5.4% today.
- Lyondellbasell Industries Nv (LYB): LYB stock is up 4.8% today.
- Bhp Billiton Plc (BBL): BBL stock is up 5.1% today.
- Teck Resources Ltd (TCK): TCK stock is up 4.8% today.
- National Steel Corp (SID): SID stock is up 4.5% today.
- Sociedad Quimica Y Minera S.A. (SQM): SQM stock is up 4.2% today.
Some of the biggest losers among basic materials stocks include:
- Novagold Resources Inc (NG): NG stock is down 1.2% today.
- Kinross Gold Corp (KGC): KGC stock is down 1.1% today.
- Valspar Corp (VAL): VAL stock is down 1.0% today.
- Cabot Corp (CBT): CBT stock is down 0.9% today.
- New Gold Inc (NGD): NGD stock is down 0.5%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Stillwater Mining Company (SWC): SWC stock is down 0.3% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.