Basic materials stocks finished up broadly on Wall Street today, with the sector seeing an overall increase of 0.6%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average stayed the same, the Nasdaq stayed consistent and the S&P 500 stayed level.
Some of the biggest gainers among basic materials stocks include:
- Valhi Inc (VHI): VHI stock is up 8.8% today.
- Mueller Water Products (MWA): MWA stock is up 5.9% today.
- Gold Fields Ltd (GFI): GFI stock is up 5.5% today.
- Barrick Gold Corp (ABX): ABX stock is up 4.7% today.
- Yamana Gold (AUY): AUY stock is up 4.2% today.
- Silver Wheaton Corp (SLW): SLW stock is up 3.5% today.
- Eldorado Gold Corp (EGO): EGO stock is up 2.7% today.
- Newmont Mining Corp (NEM): NEM stock is up 2.9% today.
- Goldcorp Inc (GG): GG stock is up 2.3% today.
- Actuant Corp (ATU): ATU stock is up 2.4% today.
Some of the biggest losers among basic materials stocks include:
- Vale S.A. (VALE): VALE stock is down 3.0% today.
- Ternium S.A. (TX): TX stock is down 1.5% today.
- Huntsman Corp (HUN): HUN stock is down 1.0% today.
- United States Steel Corp (X): X stock is down 0.7% today.
- E.I. Du Pont De Nemours and Company (DD): DD stock is down 0.5% today.
- Cabot Corp (CBT): CBT stock is down 0.2% today.
- Ashland Inc (ASH): ASH stock is down 0.4% today.
- Arcelormittal (MT): MT stock is down 0.2% today.
- Parker-Hannifin Corp (PH): PH stock is down 0.4% today.
- Matthews International Corp (MATW): MATW stock is down 0.2% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.