Capital goods stocks declined broadly on Wall Street today, with the sector seeing an overall decline of 0.4%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average declined 0.4%, the Nasdaq was down 0.3% and the S&P 500 fell 0.4%.
Some of the biggest gainers among capital goods stocks include:
- Masco Corp (MAS): MAS stock is up 0.2% today.
- Lennox International (LII): LII stock is up 0.2%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
Some of the biggest losers among capital goods stocks include:
- Timken Company (TKR): TKR stock is down 2.3% today.
- Eagle Materials Inc (EXP): EXP stock is down 2.4% today.
- Tenaris S.A. (TS): TS stock is down 2.0%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Chicago Bridge & Iron Company N.V. (CBI): CBI stock is down 1.8% today.
- Caterpillar Inc (CAT): CAT stock is down 1.7% today.
- Standard Pacific LP (SPF): SPF stock is down 1.7% today.
- Ryland Group (RYL): RYL stock is down 1.6% today.
- Apogee Enterprises (APOG): APOG stock is down 1.7% today.
- USG Corp (USG): USG stock is down 1.7% today.
- American Woodmark Corp (AMWD): AMWD stock is down 1.7% today on 2 times normal volume.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.