Capital goods stocks declined broadly on Wall Street today, with the sector seeing an overall decline of 3.7%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average sank 4.1%, the Nasdaq fell 2.9% and the S&P 500 plunged 4.1%.
Some of the biggest losers among capital goods stocks include:
- Manitowoc Company (MTW): MTW stock is down 6.4% today on 2 times normal volume.
- Lennar Corp (LEN): LEN stock is down 6.3% today.
- Meritage Corp (MTH): MTH stock is down 6.2% today.
- Trinity Industries (TRN): TRN stock is down 5.9% today.
- Aecom Technology Corp (ACM): ACM stock is down 5.3% today.
- Fortune Brands Home & Security (FBHS): FBHS stock is down 5.3% today.
- Jacobs Engineering Group Inc (JEC): JEC stock is down 5.1% today on 2 times normal volume.
- Watsco Inc (WSO): WSO stock is down 5.0% today.
- KBR Inc (KBR): KBR stock is down 4.9% today.
- D.R. Horton (DHI): DHI stock is down 4.8% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.