Capital goods stocks advanced 1.1% on Wall Street so far on Wednesday.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average climbed 0.7%, the Nasdaq was up 0.9% and the S&P 500 increased 0.7%.
Some of the biggest gainers among capital goods stocks include:
- U.S. Silica Holdings Inc (SLCA): SLCA stock is up 4.2% today.
- Headwaters Inc (HW): HW stock is up 4.6% today.
- Terex Corp (TEX): TEX stock is up 2.4% today.
- Pentair Ltd (PNR): PNR stock is up 2.5% today.
- Manitowoc Company (MTW): MTW stock is up 2.5% today.
- Transdigm Group Inc (TDG): TDG stock is up 2.4% today.
- Jacobs Engineering Group Inc (JEC): JEC stock is up 2.5% today.
- Triumph Group (TGI): TGI stock is up 2.5% today.
- Cummins Inc (CMI): CMI stock is up 2.1% today.
- Trinity Industries (TRN): TRN stock is up 1.8% today.
Some of the biggest losers among capital goods stocks include:
- Caesarstone Sdot-Yam Ltd (CSTE): CSTE stock is down 12.3% today.
- Quanta Services (PWR): PWR stock is down 7.3% today.
- James Hardie Industries Se (JHX): JHX stock is down 2.7% today.
- Harsco Corp (HSC): HSC stock is down 2.9% today.
- Topbuild Corp. (BLD): BLD stock is down 0.9% today.
- M.D.C. Holdings (MDC): MDC stock is down 0.3% today.
- Ryland Group (RYL): RYL stock is down 0.1% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.