Capital goods stocks finished down 1.2% on Wall Street today.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average declined 0.9%, the Nasdaq fell 1.3% and the S&P 500 was down 0.9%.
Some of the biggest gainers among capital goods stocks include:
- U.S. Silica Holdings Inc (SLCA): SLCA stock is up 2.9% today.
- Mastec Inc (MTZ): MTZ stock is up 1.3% today.
- M.D.C. Holdings (MDC): MDC stock is up 0.9% today.
- Beacon Roofing Supply (BECN): BECN stock is up 0.8%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Ryland Group (RYL): RYL stock is up 0.6% today.
- Masco Corp (MAS): MAS stock is up 0.6% today.
- Transdigm Group Inc (TDG): TDG stock is up 0.3% today.
- Lennox International (LII): LII stock is up 0.3% today.
- KB Home (KBH): KBH stock is up 0.3% today.
- Wesco Aircraft Holdings Inc (WAIR): WAIR stock is up 0.2% today.
Some of the biggest losers among capital goods stocks include:
- Timken Company (TKR): TKR stock is down 2.4% today.
- John Bean Technologies Corp (JBT): JBT stock is down 2.4% today.
- Tennant Company (TNC): TNC stock is down 2.3% today.
- Flir Systems (FLIR): FLIR stock is down 2.1% today.
- Louisiana-Pacific Corp (LPX): LPX stock is down 2.1% today.
- Pentair Ltd (PNR): PNR stock is down 2.1% today.
- Fastenal Company (FAST): FAST stock is down 2.0% today.
- 3M Company (MMM): MMM stock is down 1.8% today.
- Colfax Corp (CFX): CFX stock is down 1.9% today.
- BE Aerospace (BEAV): BEAV stock is down 1.8% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.