Consumer cyclical stocks advanced broadly on Wall Street so far on Wednesday, with the sector seeing an overall increase of 2.1%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average rose 2.1%, the Nasdaq increased 2.4% and the S&P 500 climbed 2.1%.
Some of the biggest gainers among consumer cyclical stocks include:
- Tata Motors Ltd (TTM): TTM stock is up 5.5% today.
- Oshkosh Truck Corp (OSK): OSK stock is up 5.4% today.
- Sony Corp (SNE): SNE stock is up 4.3% today.
- Koninklijke Philips Electronics (PHG): PHG stock is up 3.2% today.
- Under Armour (UA): UA stock is up 3.1% today.
- Nike Inc (NKE): NKE stock is up 2.9% today.
- Toyota Motor Corp Ltd Ord (TM): TM stock is up 2.8% today.
- Harman International Industries Inc (HAR): HAR stock is up 2.6% today.
- Ford Motor Company (F): F stock is up 2.5% today.
- G-III Apparel Group (GIII): GIII stock is up 2.5% today.
Some of the biggest losers among consumer cyclical stocks include:
- Arvinmeritor (MTOR): MTOR stock is down 1.5% today.
- Federal-Mogul Corp (FDML): FDML stock is down 0.8%, marking the seventh consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Shanda Games Ltd (GAME): GAME stock is down 0.3%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has decreased.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.