Consumer cyclical stocks finished down broadly on Wall Street on Wednesday, with the sector seeing an overall decline of 0.4%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average increased 0.1%, the Nasdaq climbed 0.3% and the S&P 500 was up 0.1%.
Some of the biggest gainers among consumer cyclical stocks include:
- Whirlpool Corp (WHR): WHR stock is up 0.8% today.
- Williams-Sonoma (WSM): WSM stock is up 0.5% today.
- Goodyear Tire & Rubber Company (GT): GT stock is up 0.5% today.
- Allison Transmission Holdings (ALSN): ALSN stock is up 0.5% today.
- Borgwarner Inc (BWA): BWA stock is up 0.4% today on 2 times normal volume.
- Tempur-Pedic International Inc (TPX): TPX stock is up 0.3% today.
- Tesla Motors (TSLA): TSLA stock is up 0.3% today.
- Deckers Outdoor Corp (DECK): DECK stock is up 0.2% today.
- Cooper Tire & Rubber Company (CTB): CTB stock is up 0.2% today.
- Mohawk Industries (MHK): MHK stock is up 0.2% today.
Some of the biggest losers among consumer cyclical stocks include:
- Hon Industries Inc (HNI): HNI stock is down 1.9% today.
- Harley-Davidson Inc (HOG): HOG stock is down 1.8% today.
- Knoll Inc (KNL): KNL stock is down 1.7% today.
- Helen of Troy Limited (HELE): HELE stock is down 1.6% today.
- Oxford Industries (OXM): OXM stock is down 1.6% today.
- Hillenbrand Inc (HI): HI stock is down 1.4% today.
- Wabco Holdings Inc (WBC): WBC stock is down 1.4% today.
- Gentex Corp (GNTX): GNTX stock is down 1.3% today on 2 times normal volume.
- Honda Motor Company (HMC): HMC stock is down 1.3% today.
- Toyota Motor Corp Ltd Ord (TM): TM stock is down 1.2% today on 3 times normal volume.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.