Consumer noncyclical stocks declined broadly on Wall Street today, with the sector seeing an overall decline of 0.8%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average declined 1.2%, the Nasdaq climbed 0.4% and the S&P 500 fell 1.2%.
Some of the biggest gainers among consumer noncyclical stocks include:
- Keurig Green Mountain Inc (GMCR): GMCR stock is up 1.3% today.
- National Beverage (FIZZ): FIZZ stock is up 1.0% today.
- United Natural Foods (UNFI): UNFI stock is up 1.0% today.
- Cott Corp (COT): COT stock is up 0.9% today.
- Post Holdings Inc (POST): POST stock is up 0.8% today.
- Tootsie Roll Industries (TR): TR stock is up 0.7% today on 2 times normal volume.
- General Mills (GIS): GIS stock is up 0.5% today.
- Cal-Maine Foods (CALM): CALM stock is up 0.3% today.
Some of the biggest losers among consumer noncyclical stocks include:
- Kimberly-Clark Corp (KMB): KMB stock is down 2.8% today.
- Conagra Foods (CAG): CAG stock is down 2.8% today.
- Colgate-Palmolive Company (CL): CL stock is down 2.6% today on 2 times normal volume.
- Church & Dwight Company (CHD): CHD stock is down 2.4% today.
- Pepsico Inc (PEP): PEP stock is down 2.4% today.
- Dr Pepper Snapple Group Inc (DPS): DPS stock is down 2.3%, marking the sixth consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Deluxe Corp (DLX): DLX stock is down 2.2% today.
- Revlon Inc (REV): REV stock is down 2.2% today.
- Fresh Del Monte Produce (FDP): FDP stock is down 2.1%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Molson Coors Brewing Company (TAP): TAP stock is down 1.9% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.