Consumer noncyclical stocks declined broadly on Wall Street today, with the sector seeing an overall decline of 0.8%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average declined 1.2%, the Nasdaq climbed 0.4% and the S&P 500 fell 1.2%.
Some of the biggest gainers among consumer noncyclical stocks include:
- Keurig Green Mountain Inc (GMCR): GMCR stock is up 1.3% today.
- National Beverage (FIZZ): FIZZ stock is up 1.0% today.
- United Natural Foods (UNFI): UNFI stock is up 1.0% today.
- Cott Corp (COT): COT stock is up 0.9% today.
- Post Holdings Inc (POST): POST stock is up 0.8% today.
- Tootsie Roll Industries (TR): TR stock is up 0.7% today on 2 times normal volume.
- General Mills (GIS): GIS stock is up 0.5% today.
- Cal-Maine Foods (CALM): CALM stock is up 0.3% today.
Some of the biggest losers among consumer noncyclical stocks include:
- Kimberly-Clark Corp (KMB): KMB stock is down 2.8% today.
- Conagra Foods (CAG): CAG stock is down 2.8% today.
- Colgate-Palmolive Company (CL): CL stock is down 2.6% today on 2 times normal volume.
- Church & Dwight Company (CHD): CHD stock is down 2.4% today.
- Pepsico Inc (PEP): PEP stock is down 2.4% today.
- Dr Pepper Snapple Group Inc (DPS): DPS stock is down 2.3%, marking the sixth consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Deluxe Corp (DLX): DLX stock is down 2.2% today.
- Revlon Inc (REV): REV stock is down 2.2% today.
- Fresh Del Monte Produce (FDP): FDP stock is down 2.1%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Molson Coors Brewing Company (TAP): TAP stock is down 1.9% today.
For more information on the best stocks to buy right now, check out the latest commentary on InvestorPlace.com.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.