Consumer noncyclical stocks finished up broadly on Wall Street today, with the sector seeing an overall increase of 0.4%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average increased 1.3%, the Nasdaq pushed 1.1% higher and the S&P 500 rose 1.3%.
Some of the biggest gainers among consumer noncyclical stocks include:
- Post Holdings Inc. (POST): POST stock is up 9.5% today on 3 times normal volume.
- Seaboard Corp (SEB): SEB stock is up 2.4% today.
- Tyson Foods (TSN): TSN stock is up 2.4% today.
- Brf-Brasil Foods S.A. (BRFS): BRFS stock is up 2.3% today.
- Adecoagro S.A. (AGRO): AGRO stock is up 2.3% today.
- Ecolab Inc (ECL): ECL stock is up 1.9% today.
- Darling International Inc (DAR): DAR stock is up 1.9% today.
- Deluxe Corp (DLX): DLX stock is up 1.6% today.
- Tootsie Roll Industries (TR): TR stock is up 1.5% today.
- Owens Corning Inc (OC): OC stock is up 1.4% today.
Some of the biggest losers among consumer noncyclical stocks include:
- Vina Concha Y Toro (VCO): VCO stock is down 1.2% today.
- Universal Corp (UVV): UVV stock is down 1.1% today.
- Coca-Cola Bottling Co. Consolidated (COKE): COKE stock is down 0.5% today.
- Conagra Foods (CAG): CAG stock is down 0.4% today.
- Molson Coors Brewing Company (TAP): TAP stock is down 0.3% today.
- Coca-Cola Company (KO): KO stock is down 0.2% today.
- Boston Beer Company (SAM): SAM stock is down 0.2% today.
- Dr Pepper Snapple Group Inc (DPS): DPS stock is down 0.1%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.