Consumer noncyclical stocks finished down broadly on Wall Street on Thursday, with the sector seeing an overall decline of 0.7%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average was down 0.8%, the Nasdaq declined 1.6% and the S&P 500 fell 0.8%.
Some of the biggest gainers among consumer noncyclical stocks include:
- Tyson Foods (TSN): TSN stock is up 1.6% today.
- Pilgrim’s Pride Corp (PPC): PPC stock is up 0.6% today.
- Conagra Foods (CAG): CAG stock is up 0.5% today.
- J & J Snack Foods (JJSF): JJSF stock is up 0.3% today.
- Darling International Inc (DAR): DAR stock is up 0.3% today.
- General Mills (GIS): GIS stock is up 0.3% today.
- Industrias Bachoco S.A. De C.V. (IBA): IBA stock is up 0.2% today.
- B&G Foods Holdings (BGS): BGS stock is up 0.2% today.
- Brown Forman Inc B (BF.B): BF.B stock is up 0.1% today.
- Adecoagro S.A. (AGRO): AGRO stock is up 0.1% today.
Some of the biggest losers among consumer noncyclical stocks include:
- Nu Skin Enterprises (NUS): NUS stock is down 3.6% today on 2 times normal volume.
- J.M. Smucker Company (SJM): SJM stock is down 1.5% today.
- Vector Group Ltd (VGR): VGR stock is down 1.4% today.
- Dr Pepper Snapple Group Inc (DPS): DPS stock is down 1.2% today.
- Brown Forman Inc A (BF.A): BF.A stock is down 1.1% today.
- Universal Corp (UVV): UVV stock is down 1.1% today.
- Estee Lauder Companies (EL): EL stock is down 1.1% today.
- Deluxe Corp (DLX): DLX stock is down 1.1% today.
- United Natural Foods (UNFI): UNFI stock is down 1.0% today and down 29.3% in the last month.
- Ingredion Inc (INGR): INGR stock is down 1.0% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.