Energy stocks advanced 1.2% on Wall Street on Wednesday morning.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average increased 2.0%, the Nasdaq climbed 2.5% and the S&P 500 rose 2.0%.
Some of the biggest gainers among energy stocks include:
- Cameron International Corp (CAM): CAM stock is up 45.3% today and up 24.7% in the last month.
- FMC Technologies (FTI): FTI stock is up 10.8% today.
- National-Oilwell (NOV): NOV stock is up 6.4% today.
- Weatherford International Ltd (WFT): WFT stock is up 6.1% today.
- Seadrill Ltd (SDRL): SDRL stock is up 5.5% today.
- Dril-Quip (DRQ): DRQ stock is up 5.0% today.
- Halliburton Company (HAL): HAL stock is up 4.4% today.
- Oil States International (OIS): OIS stock is up 4.3% today.
- Helmerich & Payne (HP): HP stock is up 4.1% today.
- Core Laboratories N.V. (CLB): CLB stock is up 2.9% today.
Some of the biggest losers among energy stocks include:
- Schlumberger N.V. (SLB): SLB stock is down 2.1% today.
- Global Partners LP (GLP): GLP stock is down 1.1% today.
- Ep Energy Corp (EPE): EPE stock is down 1.5% today and down 24.6% in the last month.
- Petrobras Argentina S.A. (PZE): PZE stock is down 0.5% today.
- Holly Energy Partners L.P. (HEP): HEP stock is down 0.2% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.