Energy stocks rose 0.5% on Wall Street so far on Wednesday.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average fell 0.9%, the Nasdaq declined 1.0% and the S&P 500 was down 0.9%.
Some of the biggest gainers among energy stocks include:
- Denbury Resources (DNR): DNR stock is up 6.7% today.
- Laredo Petroleum Holdings Inc (LPI): LPI stock is up 5.4% today.
- Ep Energy Corp (EPE): EPE stock is up 3.6% today.
- Patterson-Uti Energy (PTEN): PTEN stock is up 3.2% today.
- Linn Energy Llc (LINE): LINE stock is up 2.8% today.
- Frank’s International N.V. (FI): FI stock is up 2.7% today.
- Carrizo Oil & Gas (CRZO): CRZO stock is up 2.4% today.
- Enerplus Corp (ERF): ERF stock is up 2.4% today.
- Sunoco L.P. (SUN): SUN stock is up 2.3% today.
- Consol Energy Inc (CNX): CNX stock is up 2.2% today.
Some of the biggest losers among energy stocks include:
- Cosan Limited (CZZ): CZZ stock is down 2.1% today.
- Royal Dutch Shell (RDS.B): RDS.B stock is down 2.0% today.
- Royal Dutch Shell Plc (RDS.A): RDS.A stock is down 2.0% today.
- Totalfinaelf S.A. (TOT): TOT stock is down 1.9% today.
- Yanzhou Coal Mining Company (YZC): YZC stock is down 1.5% today.
- Global Partners LP (GLP): GLP stock is down 1.4% today.
- Interoil Corp (IOC): IOC stock is down 0.8% today.
- Columbia Pipeline Partners LP (CPPL): CPPL stock is down 1.3% today.
- Eni S.P.A. (E): E stock is down 1.2% today.
- Petrobras Argentina S.A. (PZE): PZE stock is down 0.9% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.