Energy stocks rose 0.5% on Wall Street so far on Wednesday.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average fell 0.9%, the Nasdaq declined 1.0% and the S&P 500 was down 0.9%.
Some of the biggest gainers among energy stocks include:
- Denbury Resources (DNR): DNR stock is up 6.7% today.
- Laredo Petroleum Holdings Inc (LPI): LPI stock is up 5.4% today.
- Ep Energy Corp (EPE): EPE stock is up 3.6% today.
- Patterson-Uti Energy (PTEN): PTEN stock is up 3.2% today.
- Linn Energy Llc (LINE): LINE stock is up 2.8% today.
- Frank’s International N.V. (FI): FI stock is up 2.7% today.
- Carrizo Oil & Gas (CRZO): CRZO stock is up 2.4% today.
- Enerplus Corp (ERF): ERF stock is up 2.4% today.
- Sunoco L.P. (SUN): SUN stock is up 2.3% today.
- Consol Energy Inc (CNX): CNX stock is up 2.2% today.
Some of the biggest losers among energy stocks include:
- Cosan Limited (CZZ): CZZ stock is down 2.1% today.
- Royal Dutch Shell (RDS.B): RDS.B stock is down 2.0% today.
- Royal Dutch Shell Plc (RDS.A): RDS.A stock is down 2.0% today.
- Totalfinaelf S.A. (TOT): TOT stock is down 1.9% today.
- Yanzhou Coal Mining Company (YZC): YZC stock is down 1.5% today.
- Global Partners LP (GLP): GLP stock is down 1.4% today.
- Interoil Corp (IOC): IOC stock is down 0.8% today.
- Columbia Pipeline Partners LP (CPPL): CPPL stock is down 1.3% today.
- Eni S.P.A. (E): E stock is down 1.2% today.
- Petrobras Argentina S.A. (PZE): PZE stock is down 0.9% today.
For more information on the best stocks to buy right now, check out the latest commentary on InvestorPlace.com.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.