Energy stocks advanced 0.9% on Wall Street on Friday morning.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average was down 0.2%, the Nasdaq fell 0.3% and the S&P 500 was down 0.2%.
Some of the biggest gainers among energy stocks include:
- Ep Energy Corp (EPE): EPE stock is up 5.5% today.
- Consol Energy Inc (CNX): CNX stock is up 4.8% today.
- Oasis Petroleum Inc (OAS): OAS stock is up 3.0% today.
- Weatherford International Ltd (WFT): WFT stock is up 3.9% today.
- Pioneer Natural Resources Company (PXD): PXD stock is up 2.8% today.
- Petroleo Brasileiro S.A.- Petrobras (PBR): PBR stock is up 2.6% today.
- McDermott International (MDR): MDR stock is up 2.2% today.
- Marathon Oil Corp (MRO): MRO stock is up 2.7% today.
- Helmerich & Payne (HP): HP stock is up 2.1%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Enerplus Corp (ERF): ERF stock is up 1.9% today.
Some of the biggest losers among energy stocks include:
- Petrochina Company Ltd (PTR): PTR stock is down 2.4% today.
- Seadrill Ltd (SDRL): SDRL stock is down 2.0% today.
- Cnooc Ltd (CEO): CEO stock is down 1.7% today.
- Cobalt International Energy (CIE): CIE stock is down 0.7% today.
- Ferrellgas Partners L.P. (FGP): FGP stock is down 0.2% today.
- IHS Inc (IHS): IHS stock is down 0.3% today.
- Bristow Group Inc (BRS): BRS stock is down 0.2% today and down 23.2% in the last month.
- Eni S.P.A (E): E stock is down 0.2% today.
- BP P.L.C (BP): BP stock is down 0.4% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.