Energy stocks advanced 0.9% on Wall Street on Friday morning.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average was down 0.2%, the Nasdaq fell 0.3% and the S&P 500 was down 0.2%.
Some of the biggest gainers among energy stocks include:
- Ep Energy Corp (EPE): EPE stock is up 5.5% today.
- Consol Energy Inc (CNX): CNX stock is up 4.8% today.
- Oasis Petroleum Inc (OAS): OAS stock is up 3.0% today.
- Weatherford International Ltd (WFT): WFT stock is up 3.9% today.
- Pioneer Natural Resources Company (PXD): PXD stock is up 2.8% today.
- Petroleo Brasileiro S.A.- Petrobras (PBR): PBR stock is up 2.6% today.
- McDermott International (MDR): MDR stock is up 2.2% today.
- Marathon Oil Corp (MRO): MRO stock is up 2.7% today.
- Helmerich & Payne (HP): HP stock is up 2.1%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Enerplus Corp (ERF): ERF stock is up 1.9% today.
Some of the biggest losers among energy stocks include:
- Petrochina Company Ltd (PTR): PTR stock is down 2.4% today.
- Seadrill Ltd (SDRL): SDRL stock is down 2.0% today.
- Cnooc Ltd (CEO): CEO stock is down 1.7% today.
- Cobalt International Energy (CIE): CIE stock is down 0.7% today.
- Ferrellgas Partners L.P. (FGP): FGP stock is down 0.2% today.
- IHS Inc (IHS): IHS stock is down 0.3% today.
- Bristow Group Inc (BRS): BRS stock is down 0.2% today and down 23.2% in the last month.
- Eni S.P.A (E): E stock is down 0.2% today.
- BP P.L.C (BP): BP stock is down 0.4% today.
For more information on the best stocks to buy right now, check out the latest commentary on InvestorPlace.com.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.