Energy stocks rose 1.0% on Wall Street on Monday.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average was down 0.9%, the Nasdaq declined 1.2% and the S&P 500 fell 0.9%.
Some of the biggest gainers among energy stocks include:
- Ep Energy Corp (EPE): EPE stock is up 14.7%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Whiting Petroleum Corp (WLL): WLL stock is up 11.1% today.
- Oasis Petroleum Inc (OAS): OAS stock is up 10.7% today.
- Baytex Energy Corp (BTE): BTE stock is up 9.1% today on 2 times normal volume.
- McDermott International (MDR): MDR stock is up 8.4% today.
- Linn Energy Llc (LINE): LINE stock is up 7.6%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Enerplus Corp (ERF): ERF stock is up 7.0%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Sm Energy Company (SM): SM stock is up 6.5% today.
- Flotek Industries (FTK): FTK stock is up 5.8%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Newfield Exploration Company (NFX): NFX stock is up 5.5% today.
Some of the biggest losers among energy stocks include:
- Ngl Energy Partners LP (NGL): NGL stock is down 3.1% today.
- Diamond Offshore Drilling (DO): DO stock is down 2.7% today.
- Nustar Gp Holdings Llc (NSH): NSH stock is down 2.1% today.
- Questar Corp (STR): STR stock is down 1.6% today.
- Cobalt International Energy (CIE): CIE stock is down 1.6% today on 2 times normal volume.
- Petrobras Argentina S.A. (PZE): PZE stock is down 1.6% today.
- Petrochina Company Ltd (PTR): PTR stock is down 1.5% today.
- Columbia Pipeline Partners LP (CPPL): CPPL stock is down 1.3% today.
- Ferrellgas Partners L.P. (FGP): FGP stock is down 1.3% today.
- Alliance Holdings Gp L.P. (AHGP): AHGP stock is down 1.1% today.
For more information on the best stocks to buy right now, check out the latest commentary on InvestorPlace.com.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.