Energy stocks finished up 1.9% on Wall Street on Wednesday.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average stayed consistent, the Nasdaq increased 0.3% and the S&P 500 was steady.
Some of the biggest gainers among energy stocks include:
- McDermott International (MDR): MDR stock is up 8.1% today.
- Oasis Petroleum Inc (OAS): OAS stock is up 5.6% today.
- Columbia Pipeline Partners LP (CPPL): CPPL stock is up 3.9% today.
- Teekay Offshore Partners L.P. (TOO): TOO stock is up 4.2% today.
- Matador Resources Company (MTDR): MTDR stock is up 4.1% today.
- Genesis Energy L.P. (GEL): GEL stock is up 3.8% today.
- Cimarex Energy Co (XEC): XEC stock is up 3.7% today.
- Continental Resources (CLR): CLR stock is up 3.6% today.
- Wpx Energy Inc. Common Stock W (WPX): WPX stock is up 3.6% today.
- Anadarko Petroleum Corp (APC): APC stock is up 3.5% today.
Some of the biggest losers among energy stocks include:
- Chesapeake Energy Corp (CHK): CHK stock is down 2.3% today.
- Bristow Group Inc (BRS): BRS stock is down 0.7% today.
- Delek US Holdings (DK): DK stock is down 0.2% today.
- Exterran Holdings (EXH): EXH stock is down 0.2% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.