Energy stocks rose 0.2% on Wall Street on Tuesday.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average was down 0.9%, the Nasdaq fell 1.3% and the S&P 500 declined 0.9%.
Some of the biggest gainers among energy stocks include:
- Marathon Petroleum Corp (MPC): MPC stock is up 4.9% today.
- Sunoco L.P. (SUN): SUN stock is up 3.8% today.
- Delek US Holdings (DK): DK stock is up 3.1% today.
- Alon USA Energy (ALJ): ALJ stock is up 2.9% today.
- Hollyfrontier Corp (HFC): HFC stock is up 2.5% today.
- Valero Energy Corp (VLO): VLO stock is up 2.1% today.
- Oasis Petroleum Inc (OAS): OAS stock is up 2.0% today.
- Tesoro Petroleum Corp (TSO): TSO stock is up 1.9% today.
- Cvr Energy Inc (CVI): CVI stock is up 1.6% today.
- Western Refining (WNR): WNR stock is up 1.5% today.
Some of the biggest losers among energy stocks include:
- Patterson-Uti Energy (PTEN): PTEN stock is down 3.5% today.
- BP Prudhoe Bay Royalty Trust (BPT): BPT stock is down 2.8%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Enbridge Energy L.P. (EEP): EEP stock is down 2.8% today.
- Statoil ASA (STO): STO stock is down 2.8% today.
- RPC Inc (RES): RES stock is down 2.6% today.
- Cosan Limited (CZZ): CZZ stock is down 2.8% today.
- Atwood Oceanics (ATW): ATW stock is down 2.5% today.
- Matador Resources Company (MTDR): MTDR stock is down 2.5% today.
- Superior Energy Services (SPN): SPN stock is down 2.4% today.
- Nustar Energy L.P. (NS): NS stock is down 2.1% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.