Energy stocks finished down on Wall Street on Thursday, down 1.5%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average was down 0.1%, the Nasdaq fell 0.2% and the S&P 500 was down 0.1%.
Some of the biggest gainers among energy stocks include:
- Noble Energy Inc (NBL): NBL stock is up 2.8% today on 2 times normal volume.
- Williams Companies (WMB): WMB stock is up 0.4%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Alliance Resource Partners L.P. (ARLP): ARLP stock is up 0.3%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has increased.
Some of the biggest losers among energy stocks include:
- Chesapeake Energy Corp (CHK): CHK stock is down 6.5% today.
- Nabors Industries (NBR): NBR stock is down 6.3% today.
- Linn Energy Llc (LINE): LINE stock is down 5.9% today and down 46.8% in the last month.
- Marathon Oil Corp (MRO): MRO stock is down 5.5% today.
- Global Partners LP (GLP): GLP stock is down 5.4% today.
- Interoil Corp (IOC): IOC stock is down 5.3% today on 2 times normal volume.
- Petroleo Brasileiro S.A.- Petrobras (PBR): PBR stock is down 5.2% today.
- Superior Energy Services (SPN): SPN stock is down 5.1% today.
- Weatherford International Ltd (WFT): WFT stock is down 5.0% today.
- Oil States International (OIS): OIS stock is down 4.8% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.