Energy stocks advanced 1.6% on Wall Street on Wednesday morning.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average climbed 0.7%, the Nasdaq pushed 0.9% higher and the S&P 500 rose 0.7%.
Some of the biggest gainers among energy stocks include:
- Oasis Petroleum Inc (OAS): OAS stock is up 18.4% today.
- Denbury Resources (DNR): DNR stock is up 5.3% today.
- Alon USA Energy (ALJ): ALJ stock is up 4.1% today.
- Devon Energy Corp (DVN): DVN stock is up 4.1% today.
- Seadrill Limited (SDRL): SDRL stock is up 4.9% today.
- Ep Energy Corp (EPE): EPE stock is up 4.4% today.
- Newfield Exploration Company (NFX): NFX stock is up 4.5% today.
- Cobalt International Energy (CIE): CIE stock is up 4.9% today.
- Ultra Petroleum (UPL): UPL stock is up 5.0% today.
- Cimarex Energy Co (XEC): XEC stock is up 4.6% today.
Some of the biggest losers among energy stocks include:
- Frank’s International N.V. (FI): FI stock is down 6.6%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Plains All American Pipeline L.P. (PAA): PAA stock is down 3.4% today.
- Matador Resources Company (MTDR): MTDR stock is down 3.6% today.
- Alliance Resource Partners L.P. (ARLP): ARLP stock is down 2.6%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Nustar Energy L.P. (NS): NS stock is down 1.5% today.
- Enbridge Energy L.P. (EEP): EEP stock is down 1.2%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Nustar Gp Holdings Llc (NSH): NSH stock is down 1.2%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Linn Energy Llc (LINE): LINE stock is down 0.9% today and down 62.2% in the last month.
- Petrobras Argentina S.A. (PZE): PZE stock is down 0.8% today.
- Martin Midstream Partners L.P. (MMLP): MMLP stock is down 0.8% today.
For more information on the best stocks to buy right now, check out the latest commentary on InvestorPlace.com.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.