Energy stocks advanced 1.6% on Wall Street on Wednesday morning.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average climbed 0.7%, the Nasdaq pushed 0.9% higher and the S&P 500 rose 0.7%.
Some of the biggest gainers among energy stocks include:
- Oasis Petroleum Inc (OAS): OAS stock is up 18.4% today.
- Denbury Resources (DNR): DNR stock is up 5.3% today.
- Alon USA Energy (ALJ): ALJ stock is up 4.1% today.
- Devon Energy Corp (DVN): DVN stock is up 4.1% today.
- Seadrill Limited (SDRL): SDRL stock is up 4.9% today.
- Ep Energy Corp (EPE): EPE stock is up 4.4% today.
- Newfield Exploration Company (NFX): NFX stock is up 4.5% today.
- Cobalt International Energy (CIE): CIE stock is up 4.9% today.
- Ultra Petroleum (UPL): UPL stock is up 5.0% today.
- Cimarex Energy Co (XEC): XEC stock is up 4.6% today.
Some of the biggest losers among energy stocks include:
- Frank’s International N.V. (FI): FI stock is down 6.6%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Plains All American Pipeline L.P. (PAA): PAA stock is down 3.4% today.
- Matador Resources Company (MTDR): MTDR stock is down 3.6% today.
- Alliance Resource Partners L.P. (ARLP): ARLP stock is down 2.6%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Nustar Energy L.P. (NS): NS stock is down 1.5% today.
- Enbridge Energy L.P. (EEP): EEP stock is down 1.2%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Nustar Gp Holdings Llc (NSH): NSH stock is down 1.2%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Linn Energy Llc (LINE): LINE stock is down 0.9% today and down 62.2% in the last month.
- Petrobras Argentina S.A. (PZE): PZE stock is down 0.8% today.
- Martin Midstream Partners L.P. (MMLP): MMLP stock is down 0.8% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.