Energy stocks rose 0.8% on Wall Street so far on Tuesday.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average stayed the same, the Nasdaq stayed consistent and the S&P 500 was unchanged.
Some of the biggest gainers among energy stocks include:
- Qep Resources (QEP): QEP stock is up 8.1% today.
- Cobalt International Energy (CIE): CIE stock is up 5.9% today.
- Ep Energy Corp (EPE): EPE stock is up 5.4% today.
- Alon USA Energy (ALJ): ALJ stock is up 5.2% today.
- Whiting Petroleum Corp (WLL): WLL stock is up 4.1% today.
- RPC Inc (RES): RES stock is up 4.8% today.
- Denbury Resources (DNR): DNR stock is up 2.3% today.
- Petrobras Argentina S.A. (PZE): PZE stock is up 2.0% today.
- Baytex Energy Corp (BTE): BTE stock is up 3.0% today.
- Oasis Petroleum Inc (OAS): OAS stock is up 3.9% today.
Some of the biggest losers among energy stocks include:
- Consol Energy Inc (CNX): CNX stock is down 2.5%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Alliance Holdings Gp L.P. (AHGP): AHGP stock is down 3.0% today.
- Alliance Resource Partners L.P. (ARLP): ARLP stock is down 1.8%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Ferrellgas Partners L.P. (FGP): FGP stock is down 1.1% today.
- Enbridge Energy L.P. (EEP): EEP stock is down 0.7%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Holly Energy Partners L.P. (HEP): HEP stock is down 1.3% today.
- Marathon Petroleum Corp (MPC): MPC stock is down 0.9% today.
- Petrochina Company Limited (PTR): PTR stock is down 0.2% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.