Energy stocks declined 5.3% on Wall Street today.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average plummeted 4.1%, the Nasdaq fell 2.3% and the S&P 500 plunged 4.1%.
Some of the biggest gainers among energy stocks include:
- Suburban Propane Partners L.P. (SPH): SPH stock is up 0.6% today.
- Interoil Corp (IOC): IOC stock is up 0.1% today.
Some of the biggest losers among energy stocks include:
- Newfield Exploration Company (NFX): NFX stock is down 10.3% today and down 20.5% in the last month.
- Sm Energy Company (SM): SM stock is down 9.3%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Carrizo Oil & Gas (CRZO): CRZO stock is down 9.2% today and down 24.6% in the last month.
- Ep Energy Corp (EPE): EPE stock is down 8.7% today and down 31.3% in the last month.
- Nabors Industries (NBR): NBR stock is down 8.5% today and down 26.1% in the last month.
- Matador Resources Company (MTDR): MTDR stock is down 8.4% today.
- Qep Resources (QEP): QEP stock is down 8.0% today.
- Baker Hughes Inc (BHI): BHI stock is down 7.4% today.
- Eog Resources (EOG): EOG stock is down 7.4% today.
- Devon Energy Corp (DVN): DVN stock is down 7.4% today and down 23.9% in the last month.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.