Energy stocks finished up 3.5% on Wall Street on Wednesday.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average jumped 4.0%, the Nasdaq spiked 4.9% and the S&P 500 jumped 4.0%.
Some of the biggest gainers among energy stocks include:
- Wpx Energy Inc. Common Stock W (WPX): WPX stock is up 6.2% today.
- Exxon Mobil Corp (XOM): XOM stock is up 5.7% today on 2 times normal volume.
- Enerplus Corp (ERF): ERF stock is up 6.2% today.
- Devon Energy Corp (DVN): DVN stock is up 4.8% today.
- Encana Corp (ECA): ECA stock is up 4.7% today.
- Matador Resources Company (MTDR): MTDR stock is up 4.7% today.
- Chesapeake Energy Corp (CHK): CHK stock is up 4.6% today.
- Eqt Corp (EQT): EQT stock is up 4.5% today.
- Exterran Holdings (EXH): EXH stock is up 4.3% today.
- Marathon Oil Corp (MRO): MRO stock is up 4.3% today.
Some of the biggest losers among energy stocks include:
- Laredo Petroleum Holdings Inc (LPI): LPI stock is down 8.0% today.
- Sunoco L.P. (SUN): SUN stock is down 0.6% today.
- Totalfinaelf S.A. (TOT): TOT stock is down 0.6% today on 8 times normal volume.
- Royal Dutch Shell (RDS.B): RDS.B stock is down 0.3% today on 2 times normal volume.
- Whiting Petroleum Corp (WLL): WLL stock is down 0.3% today and down 22.7% in the last month.
- Royal Dutch Shell Plc (RDS.A): RDS.A stock is down 0.2% today.
- Cobalt International Energy (CIE): CIE stock is down 0.1% today on 2 times normal volume.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.