Financial stocks fell broadly on Wall Street on Thursday morning, with the sector seeing an overall decline of 0.2%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average was down 0.3%, the Nasdaq fell 0.2% and the S&P 500 declined 0.3%.
Some of the biggest gainers among financial stocks include:
- Bofi Holding (BOFI): BOFI stock is up 1.4% today.
- Noah Holdings Ltd (NOAH): NOAH stock is up 1.6% today.
- Legg Mason Inc (LM): LM stock is up 1.6% today.
- Lincoln National Corp (LNC): LNC stock is up 1.2% today.
- Chemical Financial Corp (CHFC): CHFC stock is up 1.2% today.
- Tree.Com (TREE): TREE stock is up 1.1% today and up 51.0% in the last month.
- China Life Insurance Company Ltd (LFC): LFC stock is up 1.0% today.
- Texas Pacific Land Trust (TPL): TPL stock is up 0.9% today.
- Health Net Inc (HNT): HNT stock is up 0.4% today.
- E*Trade Financial Corp (ETFC): ETFC stock is up 0.6% today.
Some of the biggest losers among financial stocks include:
- Aegon N.V. (AEG): AEG stock is down 9.3%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Shinhan Financial Group Co Ltd (SHG): SHG stock is down 3.9%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Envestnet Inc (ENV): ENV stock is down 3.0% today and down 20.9% in the last month.
- National Bank of Greece Sa (NBG): NBG stock is down 3.3% today.
- MBIA Inc (MBI): MBI stock is down 2.8% today.
- ING Group N.V. (ING): ING stock is down 2.6% today.
- KB Financial Group Inc (KB): KB stock is down 2.5% today.
- Transunion (TRU): TRU stock is down 2.3%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Banco Santander Brasil Sa (BSBR): BSBR stock is down 2.3% today.
- Nomura Holdings Inc ADR (NMR): NMR stock is down 1.9% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.