Financial stocks finished down on Wall Street today, down 0.4%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average fell 0.8%, the Nasdaq declined 1.6% and the S&P 500 was down 0.8%.
Some of the biggest gainers among financial stocks include:
- Banco Santander-Chile Ads (BSAC): BSAC stock is up 1.8% today.
- Bankrate Inc (RATE): RATE stock is up 1.8% today.
- Ocwen Financial Corp (OCN): OCN stock is up 1.2% today.
- E*Trade Financial Corp (ETFC): ETFC stock is up 1.3%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- White Mountains Insurance Group (WTM): WTM stock is up 1.2% today.
- Greenhill & Co. Inc (GHL): GHL stock is up 1.1% today.
- Manulife Financial Corp (MFC): MFC stock is up 1.0% today.
- Central Fund of Canada (CEF): CEF stock is up 1.0% today.
- Lloyds Banking Group Plc (LYG): LYG stock is up 1.0% today.
- Bancolombia S.A. (CIB): CIB stock is up 1.0% today.
Some of the biggest losers among financial stocks include:
- Oaktree Capital Group Llc (OAK): OAK stock is down 4.2% today.
- Alliance Capital Management L.P. (AB): AB stock is down 2.9% today.
- Amtrust Financial Services (AFSI): AFSI stock is down 2.5% today.
- KKR & Co. L.P. (KKR): KKR stock is down 2.3% today.
- Bofi Holding (BOFI): BOFI stock is down 2.3% today on 4 times normal volume.
- Alliance Data Systems Corp (ADS): ADS stock is down 2.2% today.
- Harbinger Group Inc (HRG): HRG stock is down 2.1% today.
- Signature Bank (SBNY): SBNY stock is down 2.0% today.
- Fidelity National Financial (FNF): FNF stock is down 2.0% today.
- Validus Holdings (VR): VR stock is down 1.9% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.