Financial stocks declined 1.7% on Wall Street today.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average declined 1.2%, the Nasdaq increased 0.3% and the S&P 500 fell 1.2%.
Some of the biggest gainers among financial stocks include:
- Clearbridge Energy MLP Fund Inc (CEM): CEM stock is up 5.1% today on 2 times normal volume.
- Fortress Investment Group (FIG): FIG stock is up 3.1% today on 3 times normal volume.
- The Carlyle Group L.P. (CG): CG stock is up 2.7% today.
- Woori Finance Holdings Co Ltd (WF): WF stock is up 2.8% today.
- Eaton Vance Tax-Managed Global Diversified Equit (EXG): EXG stock is up 2.8% today on 2 times normal volume.
- Eaton Vance Corp (ETV): ETV stock is up 2.6% today on 2 times normal volume.
- Eaton Vance Tax-Managed Diversified Equity (ETY): ETY stock is up 2.4% today.
- Duff & Phelps Utilities Income (DNP): DNP stock is up 2.2% today.
- Eaton Vance Tax-Advantaged Global Dividend (ETG): ETG stock is up 2.1% today.
- White Mountains Insurance Group (WTM): WTM stock is up 1.8% today.
Some of the biggest losers among financial stocks include:
- Prologis Inc (PLD): PLD stock is down 4.3% today.
- Principal Financial Group Inc (PFG): PFG stock is down 3.7% today on 2 times normal volume.
- PNC Bank (PNC): PNC stock is down 3.4% today.
- Webster Financial Corp (WBS): WBS stock is down 3.3%, marking the sixth consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Eaton Vance Corp (EV): EV stock is down 2.9% today.
- Svb Financial Group (SIVB): SIVB stock is down 3.0% today and down 21.2% in the last month.
- M&T Bank Corp (MTB): MTB stock is down 2.7% today.
- Legg Mason Inc (LM): LM stock is down 2.7%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Privatebancorp (PVTB): PVTB stock is down 2.8% today.
- Western Alliance Bancorporation (WAL): WAL stock is down 2.6% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.