Financial stocks declined on Wall Street today, down 4.2%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average plummeted 4.1%, the Nasdaq declined 2.0% and the S&P 500 dropped 4.1%.
Some of the biggest losers among financial stocks include:
- Eaton Vance Corp (ETV): ETV stock is down 9.0%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Waddell & Reed Financial (WDR): WDR stock is down 7.6% today.
- Banco Macro S.A. (BMA): BMA stock is down 7.5%, marking the fifth consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Gabelli Dividend (GDV): GDV stock is down 6.9% today on 4 times normal volume.
- Financial Engines (FNGN): FNGN stock is down 6.5% today and down 30.1% in the last month.
- Regions Financial Corp (RF): RF stock is down 7.0%, marking the fifth consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Icici Bank Ltd (IBN): IBN stock is down 6.4% today.
- Calamos Strategic Total Return Fund (CSQ): CSQ stock is down 5.7%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Bank of New York Mellon Corp (BK): BK stock is down 6.7%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Prologis Inc (PLD): PLD stock is down 6.3% today.
For more information on the best stocks to buy right now, check out the latest commentary on InvestorPlace.com.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.