Financial stocks declined on Wall Street today, down 4.2%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average plummeted 4.1%, the Nasdaq declined 2.0% and the S&P 500 dropped 4.1%.
Some of the biggest losers among financial stocks include:
- Eaton Vance Corp (ETV): ETV stock is down 9.0%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Waddell & Reed Financial (WDR): WDR stock is down 7.6% today.
- Banco Macro S.A. (BMA): BMA stock is down 7.5%, marking the fifth consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Gabelli Dividend (GDV): GDV stock is down 6.9% today on 4 times normal volume.
- Financial Engines (FNGN): FNGN stock is down 6.5% today and down 30.1% in the last month.
- Regions Financial Corp (RF): RF stock is down 7.0%, marking the fifth consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Icici Bank Ltd (IBN): IBN stock is down 6.4% today.
- Calamos Strategic Total Return Fund (CSQ): CSQ stock is down 5.7%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Bank of New York Mellon Corp (BK): BK stock is down 6.7%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Prologis Inc (PLD): PLD stock is down 6.3% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.