Financial stocks declined broadly on Wall Street on Monday morning, with the sector seeing an overall decline of 0.8%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average was down 0.6%, the Nasdaq fell 0.2% and the S&P 500 was down 0.6%.
Some of the biggest gainers among financial stocks include:
- Kearny Financial (KRNY): KRNY stock is up 1.5%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Primerica Inc (PRI): PRI stock is up 0.9% today.
- Oaktree Capital Group Llc (OAK): OAK stock is up 0.5% today.
- Westpac Banking Corp (WBK): WBK stock is up 0.6% today.
- Banco Santander Brasil Sa (BSBR): BSBR stock is up 1.0% today.
- Balckrock Build America Trust (BBN): BBN stock is up 0.2% today.
- Cigna Corp (CI): CI stock is up 0.9% today.
- Tree.Com (TREE): TREE stock is up 0.6% today and up 63.8% in the last month.
Some of the biggest losers among financial stocks include:
- The Carlyle Group L.P. (CG): CG stock is down 5.1% today.
- Texas Capital Bancshares (TCBI): TCBI stock is down 3.1% today.
- China Life Insurance Company Ltd (LFC): LFC stock is down 2.9% today.
- Amtrust Financial Services (AFSI): AFSI stock is down 1.8% today.
- Fortress Investment Group (FIG): FIG stock is down 2.2% today.
- Deutsche Bank Ag (DB): DB stock is down 1.9%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Aegon N.V. (AEG): AEG stock is down 1.8%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- KKR & Co. L.P. (KKR): KKR stock is down 2.2% today.
- Comerica Inc (CMA): CMA stock is down 1.6% today.
- Banco Santander (SAN): SAN stock is down 1.4%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
For more information on the best stocks to buy right now, check out the latest commentary on InvestorPlace.com.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.