Financial stocks finished up broadly on Wall Street today, with the sector seeing an overall increase of 0.4%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average was down 0.1%, the Nasdaq fell 0.2% and the S&P 500 was down 0.1%.
Some of the biggest gainers among financial stocks include:
- Lazard Ltd (LAZ): LAZ stock is up 2.0% today.
- Principal Financial Group Inc (PFG): PFG stock is up 1.7% today.
- Home Bancshares (HOMB): HOMB stock is up 1.5% today.
- Virtus Investment Partners (VRTS): VRTS stock is up 1.5% today.
- BankUnited Inc (BKU): BKU stock is up 1.5% today.
- Enstar Group Ltd (ESGR): ESGR stock is up 1.4% today on 2 times normal volume.
- Wintrust Financial Corp (WTFC): WTFC stock is up 1.4% today.
- Renasant Corp (RNST): RNST stock is up 1.4% today.
- Keycorp (KEY): KEY stock is up 1.3% today.
- American National Insurance (ANAT): ANAT stock is up 1.3% today.
Some of the biggest losers among financial stocks include:
- Bancolombia S.A. (CIB): CIB stock is down 2.8%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Bank of Montreal (BMO): BMO stock is down 1.8% today.
- Gamco Investors (GBL): GBL stock is down 1.6% today.
- Central Fund of Canada (CEF): CEF stock is down 1.6% today.
- Canadian Imperial Bank of Commerce (CM): CM stock is down 1.5% today.
- Royal Bank Scotland Group Plc (RBS): RBS stock is down 1.4%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Banco Bilbao Viscaya Argentaria S.A. (BBVA): BBVA stock is down 1.4% today.
- Sumitomo Mitsui Financial Group Inc (SMFG): SMFG stock is down 1.4%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Royal Bank of Canada (RY): RY stock is down 1.3% today.
- First Cash Financial Services (FCFS): FCFS stock is down 1.3% today and down 21.4% in the last month.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.