Financial stocks rose broadly on Wall Street on Wednesday morning, with the sector seeing an overall increase of 2.0%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average rose 2.1%, the Nasdaq pushed 2.4% higher and the S&P 500 climbed 2.1%.
Some of the biggest gainers among financial stocks include:
- National Bank of Greece Sa (NBG): NBG stock is up 4.5% today.
- Royal Bank Scotland Group Plc (RBS): RBS stock is up 4.9% today.
- Nomura Holdings Inc ADR (NMR): NMR stock is up 3.8% today.
- Banco Macro S.A. (BMA): BMA stock is up 3.6% today.
- Westpac Banking Corp (WBK): WBK stock is up 3.5% today.
- Regions Financial Corp (RF): RF stock is up 3.6% today.
- Genworth Financial Inc (GNW): GNW stock is up 3.7% today.
- Western Alliance Bancorporation (WAL): WAL stock is up 3.4% today.
- Credit Acceptance Corp (CACC): CACC stock is up 3.0% today.
- Bank of Montreal (BMO): BMO stock is up 3.3% today.
Some of the biggest losers among financial stocks include:
- Wisdomtree Invstmnts (WETF): WETF stock is down 4.1%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Central Fund of Canada (CEF): CEF stock is down 2.1% today.
- Shinhan Financial Group Co Ltd (SHG): SHG stock is down 0.9% today.
- Banco Santander Brasil Sa (BSBR): BSBR stock is down 0.3% today.
- Balckrock Build America Trust (BBN): BBN stock is down 0.3% today.
- First Cash Financial Services (FCFS): FCFS stock is down 0.4% today.
- Alliancebernstein Income Fund Inc (ACG): ACG stock is down 0.1%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.