Financial stocks rose broadly on Wall Street so far on Tuesday, with the sector seeing an overall increase of 2.3%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average increased 2.3%, the Nasdaq spiked 3.1% and the S&P 500 climbed 2.3%.
Some of the biggest gainers among financial stocks include:
- National Bank of Greece Sa (NBG): NBG stock is up 11.8% today.
- Westpac Banking Corp (WBK): WBK stock is up 10.8% today.
- China Life Insurance Company Ltd (LFC): LFC stock is up 10.0% today.
- Mitsubishi Ufj Financial Group Inc (MTU): MTU stock is up 7.5% today.
- The Blackstone Group L.P. (BX): BX stock is up 6.5% today.
- ING Group N.V. (ING): ING stock is up 6.0% today.
- Noah Holdings Ltd (NOAH): NOAH stock is up 5.5% today.
- Mizuho Financial Group (MFG): MFG stock is up 5.1% today.
- Barclays Plc (BCS): BCS stock is up 5.3% today.
- Bank of America Corp (BAC): BAC stock is up 5.1% today.
Some of the biggest losers among financial stocks include:
- MBIA Inc (MBI): MBI stock is down 0.9%, marking the sixth consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Central Fund of Canada (CEF): CEF stock is down 0.5% today.
- Westamerica Bancorporation (WABC): WABC stock is down 0.4% today.
- Balckrock Build America Trust (BBN): BBN stock is down 0.2% today.
- Alliancebernstein Income Fund Inc (ACG): ACG stock is down 0.1% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.